Knitting Machine Manuals – Brother, Passap, Studio, Knitmaster, Singer, Silver Reed
So you found a great buy on a used knitting machine. Only one catch – there’s no manual.
Check out some of these free downloads to see if one will work for your Brother, Passap, Studio, Singer, Silver Reed, Knitmaster, Juki, or Toyota machine. Pick the model number closest to your equipment by the same manufacturer. You should be pleasantly surprised at how much information is useful.
When you’ve got your machine up and running, take a peek at the pattern links at the end of this post. There are over 250 pages of scanned sweater, hat, and sock patterns to inspire you.
PLEASE NOTE: As of the end of 2012, Brother has changed their FTP website again. A login screen appears. Thanks to a comment from a reader below, simply type customer in as both the name and password. A list of available downloads will appear.
The folder is huge. You will have quicker response by downloading the individual manuals listed below. Also, Firefox seems to work better than Safari when trying to access the site.
- KH-260 Bulky Punchcard Instruction Manual
- KH-270 Bulky Electronic Service Manual
- KH-400 Instruction Manual
- KH-550 Instruction Manual
- KH-552 Instruction Manual
- KH-585 Instruction Manual
- KH-588 Instruction Manual
- KH-710 Instruction Manual
- KH-820 Instruction Manual
- KH-836 Instruction Manual
- KH-860 Instruction Manual
- KH-891 Instruction Manual
- KH-894 Instruction Manual
- KH-910 Instruction Manual
- Stitch World Pattern Book (930-940 Yellow)
- KH-930 Instruction Manual
- KH-965 Instruction Manual
- KH-970 Instruction Manual
- KR-531 Brother Deluxe Ribbing Attachment
- KR-551 Brother Deluxe Ribbing Attachment
- KX-350 Instruction Manual
- KR-850 Ribber Manual
- Brother Home Study Course
- KRC 830 Color Changer
- Double Jacquard Cheat Sheet
- Lace Punchcards
- Punchcard Set scans
- Brother or KnitKing KH-341 Folding Standard Gauge
Additional Brother Manuals from around the web:
Most of the parts sheets are courtesy of PassapCanada. The rest come from around the web.
- Passap Duomatic 80
- E8000 Parts Manual – Knitting Beds and Locks
- Duomatic 80 Parts Schematic
- E6000 Service Parts Schematics
- Electra 4600 Service Parts Schematics
- Electra 3000 A Service Parts Schematics
- E8000 CM-84 Color Changer Diagrams & Numbers
- E8000 AE 812 Motor Drive – Carriage Drive Unit Diagrams & Numbers
- E8000 Fabric Take Down R-812 / R 809
- E8000 Stitch Pattern jpg’s
- U-100 Transfer Lock Instruction Sheet
- U-70 Transfer Lock Instruction Manual
- Jac-40 Instruction Sheets
Studio, Knitmaster, Singer, Silver Reed
Roni Knutson has uploaded the following on her machine knitting site.
Clarisse has uploads of the following. They will come up as boxes on the right hand side of her blog and you can download the pdf sections as needed.
Britlady52 has uploaded numerous manuals at Photobucket.
Please note that some of her files have moved. If you get a file not found error, click on her name in the previous sentence and you should find what you are looking for.
- Singer Chatelaine DB Manual
- SK 302 303 Pattern Cards
- Studio SK 303 Instruction Manual
- Studio SK 360 Knitting Manual
- Studio SK 360 Operator Manual
- Studio SK 360 Pattern Manual
- Studio SRP 50 Ribber Manual
My Knittings Machines and Me has links to manuals for vintage Knitmaster machines, Bond equipment, looms, and several wool winders. I’ve included the direct links for Knitmaster below. You can access the other links from her site.
- Knitmaster/Studio/Silver Reed, Bond, and cone winder manuals
- KM-4500 Knitmaster Ambassador Instruction Manual
- KM 3500 4500 Ribmaster
- Hints and Tips for Knitmaster KM-4500
- Knitmaster ES-302 Instruction Manual
- Knitmaster KM-302 Ribbing Attachment Instruction Manual
- Knitmaster KM-302 Pattern Cards
- Knitmaster 302 Automatic Weaving Attachment
- Punchcard Set Scans
Toyota, White, Superba, Maruyama Princess, and Juki
Clarisse has uploads of the following Toyota and White/Suberba manuals. Several will come up as boxes on the right hand side of her blog and you can download the pdf sections as needed. Others have dedicated web sites.
- Toyota KS747 Manual
- Toyota KS787 Manual
- Toyota KS950 Manual
- Toyota KS 858 | KS 777 | KS 895 knitting machine manual
- White 1602 / Superba
Superba, Juki, and all others
- Superba Knitting – no manual to download, but a site completely dedicated to this machine with lots of photos
- Juki K881
- Maruyama Princess
Patterns and Miscellaneous
- Punchcard Set Scans
- Vintage Machine Knit Patterns Sweaters, Hats, Socks – over 172 pages
- Bulky Sweaters 19 pages
- Singer Superba Sweater Patterns and Stitch Diagrams 47 pages
- Singer Knitting Machines – Socks Seamed and Circular 22 pages
If you know of any knitting manuals lurking freely on the web, please drop a line in the comments. I want this list to grow as much as possible. If you own a blog, I’ll make sure to link to your site where the file is uploaded.
January 12, 2009