How To Assemble A Passap Duomatic Stand
Here is how you assemble the Passap Duomatic or Duomatic 80 stand. It is very straight forward.
1. Layout all the pieces
2. With base upside down on the floor, insert leg sections into base.
3. Insert legs such that the nubs are facing away from the center of the stand. They will hold the horizontal support rails later on in this tutorial.
4. When all four legs are in their sockets, you should have Passap Stand Road Kill.
5. Grabbing the legs at both sides just below the base, bring the stand upright and set it to the side. If you don’t hold the legs, they will fall out.
6. Find the center support and remove the washer and wing nut.
7. Set the wing nut and washer on top of the upright stand.
8. Find the end supports and slip them through the round openings of the center support bracket.
9. Set the the combined support pieces underneath the center of the stand.
10. Bring the bolt from the center support bracket up through the hole in the center of the stand. Put the washer on.
11. Gently attach the wing nut. Do not tighten all the way. You need the space in the next step.
12. Raise each side of center support bracket, one at a time, and set the holes in the nubs of the stand legs. You will need to bring the horizontal supports through the legs and to the outside where the nubs are.
This picture shows the horizontal support still on the inside of the stand. You need to pull it through to the outside. This is why we didn’t tighten the wing nut all the way. We need the play to get the supports through to the outside.
13. Set the horizontal support hole into the leg peg on both sides.
14. Here is the horizontal support installed correctly. Now go to the opposite side of the stand and repeat this process.
15. When both horizontal supports are installed, tighten the wing nut to cinch everything tight.
16. Locate the machine support brackets and install them in their slots on the base of the stand. The flat support area will face away from the center of the stand.
17. The support arms have two sets of nubs. The ones marked DM should be centered in the stand slot.
18. Now it’s time to set the machine on the stand. Place the rectangular plate from the back bed into the rectangular holder on top of the stand.
19. Set the machine down so that the support arms support the front bed of the machine. Make sure the flat ends of the support arms are facing away from the center of the machine.
20. If the flat ends of the support arms are installed incorrectly, the front of the machine will fall forward since the bracket is supporting a hole instead of steel, easily damaging your precious Passap.
21. Locate the clamps and tool tray.
22. Insert the two clamps into the slots above the back bed plates on the underside of the machine. Tighten.
23. Install the tool tray on either side of the stand into the corresponding holes in the legs.
24. You are ready to knit!
June 11, 2007